How to Start an Art Collection
Want to show off your art collection to its best advantage? Want to know how you even go about starting a collection? Here are some tips:
- Get good lighting. Halogen monopoint lights produce a clear, clean light. Won't generate too much heat.
- Hang the grouping at eye level. Typically the center of the art should be at eye level, but not always. Adjust up or down depending on where the focal point of the
image lies and whether there is furniture beneath the art piece or not.
- Take notice of the background for the art. The image needs to feel good against the background.
- Folk art or colorful art works best on white or neutral walls.
- Don't hang art where the background is so bold or busy so as to compete for attention with the art.
- Advance planning is helpful so you always make sure you have some walls in the room large enough to support artwork.
- Keep the room uncluttered or the art will not be appreciated fully.
- When displaying sculpture, choose stands that blend into the background and don't attract attention. Let the sculpture take "center stage".
- Choose art that reflects your personality - what you love. Art should reflect you.
- Choose art for your pleasure, not to impress others.
- Before buying any art, do your homework and look at lots of selections. Visit galleries. Look through catalogs. Ask questions about the artist.
- Buy what you love. Liking an image is one thing, but to be happiest, buy only what you "love".
- Don't purchase art for an investment. Buy the images that bless you and add something positive to your life experience.
Hilarious Video About Water Leaks
More Tips on Preventing Identity Theft
Wood Floor Maintenance
Furniture Care Programs
Start a Home Staging Business from Home|
STAGING BUSINESS VIDEO
BASIC STAGING BUSINESS
BASIC REDESIGN BUSINESS
DIAMOND COMBO DELUXE
DIAMOND COMBO COURSE
A FEW TESTIMONIALS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
FIND A STAGER
DESIGN FOR HOMEOWNERS
DECOR SECRETS REVEALED
ART OF HANGING ART
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |