Simple, Instant Decorating Tips
Sometimes it's not how much you do to improve a room, it's what you do. Some of the greatest impacts are sometimes achieved by the smallest of changes. To give
you some ideas, here are a few tips that professionals use to achieve that "wow effect".
- Look for old books or notebooks at used book stores that have drawings. Take them apart. Frame the drawings all the same and hang in a room together.
Shown here are mini prints you can order at your local art gallery.
- Some rooms are totally ruined because of awful lamp shades. Replace those old dusty silk shades with a brown paper shade or a black shade. If you choose
an Empire style, you'll find its classical shape will go with just about anything.
- Add personality to a room with wallpaper. Graphic wallpapers in small spaces, like powder rooms or closets, can have a huge impact for very little effort.
- Try wallpaper on the ceiling.
- Move furniture from room to room. A dresser from the bedroom might be perfect in the living room or vice versa. Add a coat of paint or new seat covering.
- Use digital technology to create your own custom wall murals. Since they are so large, no other decorating is needed. They make powerful statements.
- Edit the room and leave only the most spectacular accessories. Less can really be MORE.
- Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Adds unity and drama all at the same time.
Super Bowl Party Tips
Identity Theft Prevention
Color for Sunny Rooms
Start a Home Staging Business|
Learn how to make money in the home staging business. Study at home at your pace. We have the most comprehensive, easy to understand
training on the planet. Tons of resources to help you become successful.
Become a Home Stager
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |