Ideas for Hanging Artwork
There is nothing that expresses your personality quite as nicely as artwork, yet most people have little art, if any. And the art they do have tends to be
very small. So here are some suggestions for how you can use art around your home to add more personality.
- Look for unconventional places to hang art - somewhere out of the ordinary.
- Place framed art in you bathroom, but be careful of the moisture.
- Look up. What do you see? More walls? Go up.
- Look at the space above the windows and doors. Choose pieces that fit, without being overdone or undersized.
- How about the top of an armoire?
- Hang something on a closet door or kitchen cabinet.
- How about a weather resistant canvas painting on the front door - outside that is?
- Or how about art above the seating arrangement in the backyard.
- Be sure to arrange multiple pieces in an eye appealing manner.
- Mix up your arrangements, combining symmetrical and asymmetrical in the same room.
- You can even mix symmetrical and asymmetrical in the same arrangement, but it can be tricky.
If you need specific help in the area of arranging groupings, check out our tutorial in the dropdown menu under "Homeowners Training" above.
Create a Distressed Look
More on Distressed Furniture
How to Choose Toilets
How to Stain Concrete
More Free Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Redesigner
Get Rearrange It, our basic interior redesign tutorial (ebook or book) and learn how to start, grow and manage
your own decorating business. Start immediately with no prior experience.
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |