Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
Presentation is half the gift if you do it right. This year, why not make your presents as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside? Here are some
quick tips to help you when wrapping presents.
- Instead of wrapping gifts with common paper, look for luxurious fabrics.
- Pick strong stripes, bold patterns, colorful prints and strong textures.
- Instead of tissue paper, try sheer fabrics, such as charmeuse silk or taffeta
- Use unexpected containers instead of boring boxes
- Try paint cans and go for the reflective qualities.
- Stuff with fabric that is large enough to be used later as a scarf or to cover a pillow.
- Use wide ribbons instead of the skinny ones for a fabulous look.
- Pick a color theme and choose everything to go with the palette.
- If wrapping lots of gifts, consider buying ribbon by the spool rather than the yard.
- Choose ornaments that coordinate well with the theme of the paper or fabric. For instance, if you paper is asian, tie a couple of chopsticks on the container
with ribbon or colorful twine.
- If your wrapping paper has an ethnic feeling, tie some feathers on the container. You can buy feathers at any hobby and craft store.
- Some of the best ornaments are organic and taken from nature, like a pine cone, a sprig of a branch from a pine tree, potpourri in a small fabric bag - you get
- Add even more personality with unusual ribbons.
- Look for faux furs, velvet ribbons and elements that shimmer and shine.
- Place your gift in a clear glass bowl and add some greenery around it at the base.
- Embossed papers always are a hit.
Quick Links for Gifts and Sprucing Up Your Home
Polish Up Those Hard Wood Floors
Easy Decorating Tricks
Decorating with Rugs
More Holiday Decorating Links
Christmas Decorating Outside
Christmas Decorating on a Budget
Christmas Decorating House Idea
Christmas Decorating Holiday Idea
Buying a Turkey
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Turning Your Decorating Into Profits
Why not change your future and do what you love. Instead of helping friends decorate for free, why not turn your talents into
an income producing business of your own?
Home Staging Secrets Revealed
Interior Redesign Secrets Revealed
Home Decorating Secrets Revealed
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |