Decorating with Art
We all know that paint is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to add color to a room. But beautiful artwork is another way to enhance your walls.
Here are some easy tips which can add a lot of personality to any room in your home.
- Let your art serve as a colorful finishing touch
- Find selections that blend and compliment each other
- Use art to bring unity to the room - and the entire home
- Group small pieces together in attractive arrangement to cut down on clutter
- Odd numbers in a grouping usually work out best
- Display larger works of art as single pieces
- Flank a large piece on each side with two coordinating smaller pieces
- If you can't find art to your taste, create it yourself
- Use other art as an inspiration to your own creations
- Experiment with shapes and splashes of color if you don't feel you have the skill for more intricate work
- Don't match art with furnishings - blend the color palette
- Let the art dictate the color palette of the room
- Select a softer, more neutral color from the art for your walls and flooring
- Strong colors will create a dramatic look
- Softer colors will create a peaceful, harmonious feeling
- Select art images that reflect your personal style and taste
- Pull from the dominant colors in the art to accessorize the rest of the room
Color Forecast for 2007
More Free Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager
We have many affordable options to learning the home staging and/or interior redesign business. View our 3-minute video overview, then
select an option that is right for you.
Home Staging - Home Stagers
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |