Decorating Laundry Rooms
The laundry room is probably one of the most neglected areas of our homes
when it comes to decorating. I guess because it's so utilitarian and we
sometimes just don't include it in our projects. Well, here are a few smart tips
for your laundry which might make it a more pleasant place to do your chores.
- Make it efficient. If you have a large family with lots of laundry to
do, try to utilize your space more efficiently with two stackable units
rather than the side-by-side arrangement. This is even a great idea for
those that very small laundry areas.
- Add an oversized table where you can fold and separate clothes.
- Use the area for ironing, mending or even doing crafts.
- For even more utility and a place to decorate, split the appliances
apart and place a small table between them. You can use it for more storage
or for a place to put a beautiful artificial floral arrangement. That alone
will make laundry more enjoyable.
- Put inexpensive tile on the walls that is decorative.
- Add a tall wire rack behind the appliances which gives you shelving
space above the appliances for your detergents and other items. You can find
these at most home improvement stores and they are quite inexpensive.
- Use this space to place things you want to keep but no longer use.
- Use decorations to draw the attention away from the appliances,
particularly important if they are old.
- If you have a door to the back yard, make the laundry room double as a
place for planting potted plants for your garden.
- Lay down linoleum flooring so the place is easy to clean up.
- Use it has a place to keep your pet's grooming supplies, even litter box
for a cat, so long as you have some scented oil in the area.
- Add a pull-down ironing board for ease and efficiency.
- A vintage medicine cabinet on the wall will add character to the room
and increase your storage space.
- Small drying racks can be attached to the wall. Pull out when you need
them and push back out of the way when you don't.
- If you have front loading appliances, consider installing a counter
right above the appliances. It's the perfect height for folding clothes,
mending and other tasks - and very convenient too.
- Transfer your laundry soaps into pretty glass containers and out of the
store boxes. That will make the room feel quite special and more decorated.
The Container Store will have what you need, for sure.
- Trade in your old hamper for a frilly fabric one - or make one yourself.
- Every time you pop a load into the dryer, add some fragrance that you
just toss into the dryer.
- Leave a few folded towels sitting on top of the dryer. Just makes you
feel good when you walk in there.
Renovating Your Home
Rock Solid Granite
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager
Get Home Staging for Profit, our basic staging tutorial (ebook or book) and learn how to start, grow and manage
your own house staging business. Start immediately with no prior experience.
Home Staging for Profit
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |