Christmas Decorating Outside to Inside
Even if your home is small or your finances are tight, there is a way to decorate by bringing the outside inside.
- If you can't afford a full sized tree, or you just don't have the room, buy a small container tree and place it on a table in an important part of the
room. Trees don't have to be large to be effective.
- A potted plant on top of a pillar, post or other architectural element in the room is a nice touch.
- Miniature evergreens in pots are a welcome holiday decorating touch. They can't be inside all year, but they should survive the holiday season. Most won't survive
more than 4 weeks indoors.
- For a great effect, put several in a grouping together. Vary the heights. Vary the containers.
- They don't require constant pruning like a bonsai in order to keep them small.
- Miniatures tend to grow less than 1" per year; dwarf cultivars grow 1-6" per year.
- These are great for the outdoor garden as well, particularly for apartment, condo, townhome dwellers with smaller yards.
- They are also perfect for rock gardens, electric train gardens, patios and along narrow walkways.
- Remember that anything placed in a container needs more maintenance than a plant in the ground.
- Try to place container plants in a cool garden room or on a porch, rather than on the mantel.
- Check them often for moisture.
- They love to be misted.
- Don't fertilize them.
- Final cost should be comparable to a bouquet of fresh flowers - but these will last longer.
Quick Christmas Decorating Links
Christmas Decorating House Idea
Christmas Decorating on a Budget
Christmas Decorating Business
Christmas Decorating Holiday Idea
More Holiday Decorating Links
Buying a Turkey
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager or Interior Redesigner
We have many affordable options to learning the home staging and/or interior redesign business. View our 3-minute video overview, then
select an option that is right for you.
1) Home Staging - Home Stagers
2) Interior Redesign - Interior Redesigners
3) Home Staging Redesign
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |