Christmas Decorating Holiday Idea: Holiday Decorating Tips
When we think of Christmas decorations, we usually think of the colors red, green and white, or gold and silver mixed into whatever colors we are decorating with.
But it's not written in stone that your holiday decorating colors must be red and green. Often it is really a delight to the eyes to see a Christmas decorating
holiday idea that uses another color palette, particularly if those colors are in the room already. By choosing a couple of colors in the room, and repeating various
shades and tints of those colors, you can create an absolutely breathtaking result.
- Start looking at the colors already in the room. This tree resides in a very neutral room, so a palette of warm browns was chosen.
- To the basic palette, add some gold, silver or copper to bring out the glitz.
- By repeating the same colors over and over again, you bring unity to the decorations and the room.
- Don't think about "matching" colors. Think about "blending" colors.
- Decorate your Christmas tree to a full and complete stage. Don't leave bare spots, but don't overdo it either.
- Vary your decorations with beads, flowers, balls, cones - anything goes, so long as the colors blend together and look good in the room.
- Choose wrapping paper that stays within the color palette for the best finished results.
Quick Christmas Decorating Links
Christmas Decorating Outside
Christmas Decorating on a Budget
Christmas Decorating Business
Christmas Decorating House Idea
More Holiday Decorating Links
Buying a Turkey
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager or Interior Redesigner
We have many affordable options to learning the home staging and/or interior redesign business. View our 3-minute video overview, then
select an option that is right for you.
1) Home Staging - Home Stagers
2) Interior Redesign - Interior Redesigners
3) Home Staging Redesign
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |